1. General Motors UK Limited t/a Vauxhall (referred to as “Vauxhall”) (in conjunction with Adam Opel AG (“Opel”)) as the Promoter of the “ADAM YOURSELF” Competition. The purpose of this Competition is that a contestant creates his/her favourite ADAM. This Competition, is a promotional activity of Vauxhall (in conjunction with Opel) and is not connected to Facebook in any way, and not sponsored, supported or organized by Facebook, nor will any personal data be shared with Facebook by Vauxhall. By entering the Competition, the contestant accepts the following terms and conditions. Vauxhall reserves the right to modify the Competition in whole or part and/or to suspend or terminate it at any time.
2. The Competition is free. Entry is permitted for any Facebook fan of Vauxhall aged 18 or older who has his/her registered permanent residence in the United Kingdom. Employees of Vauxhall and Vauxhall’s retailers and agencies (as well as their relatives and friends) are not eligible for entry.
3. Vauxhall is entitled to disqualify contestants from the Competition for breach of these terms and conditions, and including any attempted manipulation of the competition; attempted interference or influencing of the orderly course of the competition and/or threatening or harassing Vauxhall employees or other contestants. Events may occur that render the event itself or awarding the Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and the contestant agrees that no liability shall be attached to the Promoter as a result thereof.
4. Contestants have the opportunity to participate in the ADAM YOURSELF Competition via the campaign page adamyourself.com/xx. For this, a contestant needs to create his favourite ADAM, give it a name (Vauxhall ADAM “xyz”) (and which must not be blasphemous; obscene or racist) and save it on the campaign page referred to as “competition entry”. To participate, the contestant needs to sign in via his Facebook account.
The winner of the Competition will be chosen by a Vauxhall/Opel panel of judges out of the 10 competition entries who received the most votes in the UK.
One entry per contestant. If a contestant wants to change his/her competition entry, the contestant will need to delete the existing entry completely, and submit a new entry. Any votes already received to the former deleted entry, will be lost.
5. Contestants will be asked to submit their Facebook account, name and country via the entry form on the Facebook app. Each contestant accepts that data will be transferred to Facebook in the USA and possibly saved. The Winners of the prizes in any participating territory will be announced by the end of 31 March 2016. The Winners will be notified via email and are asked to claim the Prize by replying to that email within one week, submitting the full name, address and phone number. If the contestant fails to claim the Prize within one week, he cannot claim the Prize anymore and another contestant will be selected by the Vauxhall jury from the rest of the top 10 competition entries as winner for this prize.
6. The ADAMYOURSELF Competition will be launched on December 2nd, 2015 and runs until March 15th 2016. The Prize for the Winner in the UK consists of:
• An opportunity to have the ADAM as specified in the winners’ competition entry to be sold as a ‘limited edition’ for the Vauxhall model year change 2017. If legally possible and allowed without infringing other rights, the ADAM limited edition name will be the same one as the one given in the winning competition entry.
• An opportunity to appear in a photographic or video shoot that features the Vauxhall brand (the precise format of the shoot to be determined by Vauxhall in its sole discretion in due course.
Vauxhall will assume the costs for travel/accommodation expenses incurred by the Winner in attending the photo or video shoot referred above. The content (film and/or stills) produced during this shoot will be included on the Vauxhall website, social media channels and/or in a print advertorials or advertising.
• An opportunity to receive 1 Vauxhall ADAM as specified in the winning competition entry with the engine (ADAM 1.2i 70PS, ADAM S 1.4i 150PS Start/Stop or ADAM Rocks – 1.2i 70 PS). Additionally the winner can choose his favourite interior and extras up to an amount of 5.000 Euro. The ADAM will be handed over to the respective winners up to 5 month after the winner gave Vauxhall all car specifications -
Vauxhall reserves the right to exclude any contestant who seeks or has used false identities and/or false address or intend to manipulate the competition results in any way.
To advertise this new competition winning ADAM limited edition, Vauxhall will integrate the winning ADAM car in all communication material. The integration into the communication material is planned to be done as of summer 2016. However, such integration will only happen if feasible in the sole discretion of Vauxhall. There’s no obligation of Vauxhall for such integration.
7. As a condition of entry and by having entered the Competition (i.e. by creating an ADAM and uploading a competition entry photograph), every contestant undertakes to grant to Vauxhall and or Opel, a non-exclusive, free of charge, irrevocable, timely and territorially unlimited and transferable right to use for any purpose with respect to any and all copyrights, publishing rights, personal rights and all other intellectual property or other rights in connection with the uploaded ADAM competition entry name and the contestants’ submitted ADAM name, and do all such acts necessary to vest ownership and title to Vauxhall and/or Opel and including, but not limited to, the use for marketing purposes, in catalogues, brochures, other printed matter, websites and for publication purposes on the Vauxhall Facebook or other forms of social media or any other website. Each contestant confirms that he/she will not raise any claims against Vauxhall or Opel in this respect.
Furthermore, conditional to the contestant being the winner of the competition, the contestant consents to Vauxhall using the photograph as described above, his/her name and likeness in any and all marketing material and related to Vauxhall ADAM in general. In addition, under the same condition the contestant grants Vauxhall the exclusive right to use the contestant’s submitted ADAM name irrevocably, timely and territorially unlimited and transferable. Participate undertakes to all necessary steps to enable Vauxhall to use the name.
8. The decision of Vauxhall and Opel is final. Prizes are no transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Any recourse to courts of law is excluded. Vauxhall reserves the right to replace prizes by equivalent other prizes.
9. If any provision of these conditions is found to be or becomes invalid, then the validity of the remaining provisions will not be affected. The Competition is subject to the laws of England.
10. To the extent permitted by law, the liability of Vauxhall and its vicarious agents shall be excluded. This does not apply in the case of a gross negligence or an intentional infringement of life, body or health of the contestant. Vauxhall excludes so far as is permissible under the law liability for direct and indirect damages lost profit, lost business, incurred costs and expenses.
11. The Promoter is General Motors UK Limited t/a Vauxhall, Griffin House UK1-101-135, Osborne Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3YT (in conjunction with Adam Opel AG). Please do not send entries to this address.
General Motors UK Limited (‘Vauxhall’), OnStar Europe Ltd and General Motors Holdings LLC (Michigan, USA) may process your data to provide customer and vehicle support services, product information updates, marketing, market research and for sales tracking purposes and to contact you to measure and improve our service levels.
We would like to stay in touch with you to keep you up to date with our latest product news, marketing services and offers. If you would prefer not to receive future information by either of these methods below please indicate by ticking the relevant box/es information via post, tick here [ ], via phone, tick here [ ].