The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow all cookies". This is so that we can give you the very best experience while you're on our website. You can adjust your cookie settings at any time in your browser preferences.
Find out more
1. GM Ireland Ltd, in the following referred to as “OPEL” is the organizer of the “ADAM YOURSELF” sweepstake. Subject of this sweepstake is that you create your favourite ADAM. This contest, taking place from December 2nd 2015 until March 15th, 2016, is a sole activity of OPEL and not connected to Facebook in any way, and not sponsored, supported or organized by Facebook. By entering the contest, the participant explicitly accepts the following terms and conditions. OPEL reserves the right to modify the contest in whole or part and/or to suspend or terminate it at any time.
2. Participation is in any case voluntary and not dependent on purchasing any goods or services. Participation is permitted for any Facebook fan of OPEL at the age of 18 or older who has his registered permanent residence in the Republic of Ireland. Employees of OPEL and OPEL’s sales and service organizations as well as their relatives are excluded from participation.
3. OPEL is entitled to exclude participants from the contest. Reasons include, but not limited to, the violation of these terms and conditions, attempted manipulation of the contest, attempted interference or influencing of the orderly course of the contest and/or threatening or harassing Opel employees or other participants.
4. Users have the opportunity to participate in the ADAM YOURSELF contest via the campaign page adamyourself.com/ie. For this, a participant needs to create their favourite ADAM, give it a name (Opel ADAM “xyz”) and save it on the campaign page referred to as “competition entry”. To participate, the participant needs to sign in via their Facebook account.
All visitors to the campaign page can vote for their favourite proposals – the voting is limited to one vote, per proposal, per day. The winner of the contest will be chosen by an OPEL jury out of the 10 competition entries who received the most votes.
Each entrant can only upload one competition entry at a time. If an entrant wants to change their competition entry, they will need to delete the existing one completely and start from the beginning. All votes attributed to the former entry will be lost.
5. Participants will be asked to submit their Facebook account, name and country via the entry form on the Facebook app. The entrant accepts that data will be transferred to Facebook in the USA and possibly saved. The winners of the prizes will be announced end of March 2016. The winners will be notified via email and are asked to claim the prize by replying to that email within one week, submitting the full name, address and phone number. If the participant fails to claim the prize within one week, they cannot claim the prize anymore and another participant will be selected by the Opel jury from the rest of the top 10 competition entries as winner for this prize.
6. The ADAM YOURSELF campaign will be launched on December 2nd 2015. The contest will run until March 15th 2016. The prize includes:
• An opportunity to have the ADAM as specified in his/her winning competition entry be sold as a limited edition for the Opel model year change 2017. If legally possible and allowed without infringing other rights, the ADAM limited edition name will be the same one as the one given in the winning competition entry
• An opportunity to appear in a photographic or video shoot that features the Opel brand (the precise format of the shoot to be determined by Opel in its sole discretion in due course). Opel will assume the costs for travel/accommodation expenses incurred by the winner in attending the shoot referred above. The content (film and/or stills) produced during this shoot will be included on the Opel website, social media channels and/or in a print advertorials or advertising.
• An opportunity to receive 1 Opel ADAM as specified in the winning competition entry with the engine (defined by market). Additionally the winner can choose their favourite interior and extras up to an amount of 5.000 Euro. The ADAM will be handed over to the respective winners up to 5 months after the winner gave Opel all car specifications.
Opel reserves the right to exclude any winners who use false identities and/or false address or intent to manipulate the contest results any other way.
To advertise this new limited edition, Opel will integrate the winning ADAM car in all communication material. The integration into the communication material is planned to be done as of summer 2016. However, such integration will only happen if feasible in the sole discretion of OPEL. There’s no obligation of OPEL for such integration.
7. With and by participation, creating an ADAM and uploading a competition entry photograph, every participant grants OPEL: a non-exclusive, cost-free, irrevocable, timely and territorially unlimited and transferable right to use for any purpose with respect to any and all copyrights, publishing rights, personal rights and all other intellectual property or other rights in connection with the uploaded photograph, including, but not limited to, the use for marketing purposes, in catalogues, brochures, other printed matter, websites and for publication purposes on the Opel Facebook or any other website. Participant will not raise any claims against OPEL in this respect. For any photographs containing pictures of people, participant warrants and represents that the people shown gave their consent for being in this picture and this picture being used for the said purpose.
Furthermore, conditional to the participant being the winner of the sweepstake, the participant consents to OPEL using the photograph as described above, their name and picture of themself in any and all marketing material related to Opel ADAM. In addition, under the same condition the participant grants OPEL the exclusive right to use the name the participant chose for their configured ADAM irrevocably, timely and territorially unlimited and transferable. Participate undertakes to all necessary steps to enable OPEL to use the name.
8. The decisions of OPEL are final. Any recourse to courts of law is excluded. Prizes will not be paid out in cash nor are they transferable. OPEL reserves the right to offer a different prize of equal value.
9. If any provision of these conditions is found to be or becomes invalid, then the validity of the remaining provisions will not be affected. The contest is subject to Irish law.
10. Personal data of the participants will be stored, processed, transmitted and used by OPEL, OPEL affiliates, OPEL authorized service providers and involved partners for the purpose of communication, implementation and management of our contest. Once the winner has been drawn and successfully notified, the data will be deleted, unless for legal reasons continued storage is required. Participants are entitled to revoke their authorization for the usage of their data by Opel at any point during the contest, or thereafter via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. To the extent permitted by law, the liability of OPEL and its various agents shall be excluded. This does not apply in the case of a gross negligence or an intentional infringement of life, body or health of the participant. OPEL is insofar neither liable for direct nor indirect damages such as lost profit, lost business, incurred costs and expenses – irrespective of whether or not such damages were already conceivable at the time of participation in this contest.